Directions: We are situated in the ground floor of a grade 2 listed church formerly known as Robertson Street United Reformed Church /Cambridge Road Congregational Church. You will find us in the right hand corner of the pedestrian street between Racer Computers and the Creative Media Centre. You can't miss our yellow sail flag in the corner and if you look up and you will see our red banner with penguins. Click for map - TN34 1HL
Who are we: His Place is small charity in Hastings, who's aim is to provide a safe place for community to use, to break isolation, be a place for everyone. We are a church organisation running the community cafe and community center. We have volunteers from all walks of life. Church is on the 1st floor. Community cafe is on the ground floor.
We are have a variety of external organisations running their activities from our premises as well as hosting our own social events.
This website is solely for the community art cafe and community center. Everyone is welcome, dogs are welcome with their owners to sit in the lounge area. Therapy dogs are allowed in the main cafe and activity areas. The cafe is staffed fully by volunteers who wish to serve the community.
Other community use includes OPUS Theatre, Hastings Safe Space & His Place Community Church.
Links to there websites:
- We are a not for profit café, all income is ploughed back into the services we provide the community and the restoration of the building.
- We have a variety of spaces for activity sessions which everyone is welcome to take part in.
- The café staff are happy to turn the back ground music off if you would like peace and quite.
- We have a large range of home made pies and other dishes as well as snacks on the menu. Cakes and deserts also available
- Art work for sale - we have local artists paintings decorating our walls. Most pieces are for sale, some are available in print format.
Message from Rev Chris Sears
This building has been serving the community since 1880's and the previous church on the site also, thank you for supporting our work and enabling us to continue running the building for the community to have access to social activities. We do our best to provide free or very low cost activities. Feedback and suggestions always welcome from our customers.
Volunteer opportunities available if interested come and ask for more information.
His Place registered charity 1054331
His Place serves the community by running this not for profit community art café and community centre situated on the ground floor of this grade 2 listed church building.
The building was built in the 1880's as a Congregational Church. It replaced the smaller church on the site.
Photographs on this site are copyrighted and are owned by the people who own the art / crafts in the photos. They have given permission for these photos to be used.