About the café - where to find us:
We are situated in the ground floor of a grade 2 listed church formerly known as Robertson Street United Reformed Church. Our address is His Place, Robertson Street, Hastings, TN34 1H.
You will find us in the corner of the pedestrian street next to the Creative Media Centre.
His Place Art Café & Community Centre is a charity run centre staffed by volunteers from all different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunities volunteer centre.
His Place provides a café environment to relax in. We have a varied menu to suit all dietary needs. We have home made cakes and meals on offer and a range of refreshments.
- We are a not for profit café, all income is ploughed back into the services we provide the community.
- We have a variety of spaces for activity sessions which everyone is welcome to take part in.
- The café staff are happy to turn the back ground music off if you would like peace and quite.
- If you have a particular dietary need please ask to speak to the chef on a Saturday or Monday and he will be able to organise food to suit you and to be added to the specials menu.
- Art work for sale - we have local artists paintings decorating our walls. Most pieces are for sale, some are available in print format. New for February 2017 we will have a catalogue and also have photographic art prints for sale, provided by local photographer Bruce Wick. Ask at the counter for further information.
WHAT'S ON ACTIVITY LIST CLICK HERE
Below are other examples of craft items available to buy or make yourself at one of the sessions.
His Place registered charity 1054331
His Place serves the community by running this not for profit community art café and community centre situated on the ground floor of this grade 2 listed church building.
The building was built in the 1880's as a Congregational Church. It replaced the smaller church on the site.
Photographs on this site are copyrighted and are owned by the people who own the art / crafts in the photos. They have given permission for these photos to be used.