Venue Hire Corporate / Charitable / Social use of His Place Community Church and Art Cafe
We have a whole building that has availability for hire 6 days a week. When required we can re arrange our own non - church activities and re house in other areas of the building or post pone to aid you with the facilities you require for your hire.
Types of hire we can cater for at a reasonable cost.
- Concerts, Stage shows, Comedy events,
- Rehearsals - music / theatre
- Conferences, small meetings
- Dance events / discos
- Celebrations / wakes
- Workshops / lectures
- Language schools
- Pop up shops
- Art and Photography pop up exhibitions in main auditorium and hall
- Social events and charitable events
- Charity quiz nights / Charitable information evenings and fundraising events.
Please note: We are not licensed for weddings but are able to offer wedding blessings.
We have event volunteer staff experienced and available to help if required.
(We have a limited public entertainments licence so should you require licence for your event a temporary events licence might be required. Please ask when booking if we can cover your event on our licence - un - amplified music will not require a licence nor will free entry entertainment events)
Our main auditorium shown in the picture to the right can seat a 1000 people. Currently due to building legislations we can not use the gallery until the balustrade is raised higher for H & S standards. We can though still seat 400 people on this first floor.
The adjacent room seats 50 people in theatre style or 25 comfortably around tables.
We also have our Art Cafe available for evening hire and the adjacent hall can be integrated by opening the patrician doors.
Extras: (Reasonably charged for with a returnable deposit)
- Pa system on ground and first floor including professional technical support if required.
- Projector and screen on both floors
- Grand Piano and Organ from 1885
- Wifi wireless
- Publicity, printing, event administration and risk assessment planning also is available upon request
- Banqueting chairs / plastic and bistro chairs
- Round or Go - pack rectangular tables
- In house catering and external catering if required
- Hire of commercial kitchen
- Children's party planners - Special needs children experienced staff
- Popcorn, candy floss, chocolate fountain hire through an associate organisation
- Extra conferencing and event supplies through a charitable resource centre that we have access too at very reasonable cost
Parking : During the day the priory street car park is reasonably priced or a cheaper car park is adjacent to the university next to Hastings Train Station. After 6pm weekdays the multi story on priory street is free. Sundays the charge is £1.20 for the day. If we have events happening on the first floor then our Cambridge road entrance would be made available as a second entrance route to the booked event.
Enquiry: If you would like to view our facilities and find our about our reasonable hire charges please get in touch. We are able to assist in event planning as we work have a relationship with a group of experienced event management people who freely assist us when required. This is dependant on there commercial bookings.
The hire charges for His Place Community Church Building are used to aid with the maintenance and upkeep of this grade 2 listed building. For other charities and not for profit groups we can do our best to offer an affordable realistic hire charge. You will find us an easy organisation to work with and our hire fees are extremely reasonable.
His Place Community Church Hastings are the owners of the building and are a registered charity.
Contact us: For further information and to request a booking form please contact Nicola on 07944166351 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org please be note we aim to respond within 48 hrs to enquires.
Rev Chris Sears MBE, is does undertake funerals and cremation services, you do not have to attend this church fellowship to ask for his assistance. One of our administrative team would also able to offer assistance with designing and printing service sheets should you require this service (There is no charge for this service we just ask a donation is made to HOPE Kitchen charity supporting the homeless of the town) If you require information regarding this service please email: email@example.com or contact him on 01424 - 426723.
Please note he does not work on Thursdays in which case if you need to contact His Place urgently use Nicola's no above or email and you will get a reply the same day if the call is urgent and a member of the trustees will get back to you.
We look forward to hearing from you.